Wednesday, April 4, 2018

PAD Day 3: Pick a Title, Any Title

I'm a day behind due to a couple of very busy days, so here is my poem based on yesterday's prompts from Poetic Asides and NapoWriMo: (1) write a "stop" and/or "don't stop" poem, and (2) write a list poem with "made-up names", like in Peter Davis' book Band Names and Other Poems. So here's a very unlikely list of poetry book titles.

20 Possible Titles for My Next Poetry Collection

Three Metaphors Walk into a Bar
Leaves of Crass
Gossamer Butterflies of Love
The Half-Eaten Italian Hoagie of Life
The Waist Land
I Wrote This on a Napkin Just Before the Open Mic
The Assassination of James Franco
Stop! in the Name of Cheese
I'm Parked on Poetry Street and My Meter's Expired
Damn You, Billy Collins!
The Gel Bar
A Basket of Puppies and the Blackest Despair
Pair o' Dice Tossed
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Poetry
Iamb What Iamb
32 Pages if You've Got Nothing Better to Do
Getting Sick-drunk on Charles Bukowski
3,768 Haiku and a Dirty Limerick
Look, the Old Fart Has a Hobby

No comments: